Six fire engines and around 40 firefighters tackled a fire on West Green Road in South Tottenham yesterday (March 15).
Part of the flat roof of a communal staircase was damaged by fire. Two adults and a child were led to safety via an internal staircase by firefighters wearing breathing apparatus. Around 13 people left the building, which is made up of a shop and flats, and a neighbouring property before firefighters arrived. One woman was treated at the scene by London Ambulance Service crews for smoke inhalation.
The Brigade’s 999 Control Officers received six calls about the fire.
The Brigade was called at 1151 and the fire was under control by 1249. Crews from Tottenham, Stoke Newington, Walthamstow, Islington and Southgate fire stations attended the scene.
The fire is believed to have been caused by hot works which is any work that might involve or have the potential to generate sufficient heat, sparks or flame to cause a fire.